Skip to content
- 1920s: Early business founded in the West Loop of Chicago. The first owners sold used building materials including lumber, pipe, fittings and plumbing supplies.
- 1939: The Resnick Brothers purchased the business and renamed it Consumers Supply Company.
- 1940s-50s: World War II creates a demand for more diverse supplies and Consumers begins to expand their offerings.
- 1973: Howard and Rick Brenner purchased the business. Howard had an extensive background in the hardware business. Rick just graduated with a degree in Industrial Engineering and Management science.
- 1975: A new kitchen and bath showroom featuring fixtures and cabinetry was added in an adjoining warehouse and the company began to grow as the home remodeling and do-it-yourself industry took off.
- 1990s: Consumers establishes itself as one of the premier Kitchen and Bath designers and distributors of Chicago’s real estate boom.
- 2003: Consumers begins distributing kitchen, bath, plumbing and heating products nationwide.
- 2009: This website was launched!